A must in the first aid kit of every dog owner in case of mild gastrointestinal disorders
Gastrointestinal disorders are extremely common in dogs and can have multiple causes (infectious, dietary changes, foreign bodies, stress related to transport, etc.). Their character is often benign without altering the general condition. Symptoms often include fever, abdominal pain and loss of appetite.
Similar to the products available for humans, especially for young children, DoggyRade Pro is an isotonic oral rehydration solution (ORS), containing water purified by reverse osmosis, and electrolytes (chloride, sodium, potassium...) which aim to compensate for the electrolyte losses that occur during diarrhea or vomiting. DoggyRade Pro also contains carbohydrates, glycine and amino acids which support the intestinal cells. The specially designed targeted-feeding approach of DoggyRade Pro helps to maintain the integrity of the lining of the intestine and support gut health.
In addition, DoggyRade Pro contains prebiotics which have beneficial effects on digestion thanks to their activity in the large intestine. Prebiotics help increase the levels of beneficial bacteria in the gut that help to decrease the concentration of pathogenic bacteria in there simultaneously.
DoggyRade Pro is an extremely palatable product, unlike many basic electrolyte solutions. With a delicious chicken taste dogs love, DoggyRade Pro is very appetising and ready for the dog to consume directly from the bowl even with mild nausea. The ready-to-drink format means there is no further mixing or dilution required. It is best given to your dog at room temperature or slightly warmed, around 30°C.
DoggyRade Pro should be given at 1 ml / kg / hour, usually given every four hours on the first day.
Other steps to take in case of vomiting and / or diarrhea:
- Remove all food for 12 to 24 hours in the event of diarrhea or vomiting, then begin very gradual resumption of feeding in the event of signs of improvement
- Remove all water in the event of vomiting only, for six to 12 hours, then very gradual resumption in the event of improvement
- Administer a gastrointestinal dressing such as “SMECTA” - for diarrhea only without vomiting
- Place some honey on your fingertip and encourage your dog to try it: especially valid for puppies or miniature dogs, this will help fight hypoglycaemia (a deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream)
- Of course, in the event of persistent vomiting, diarrhea, or depression, please consult your veterinarian